Monday, September 10, 2012

our little guy's room

i've been working on our little guy's room for awhile now. i still have a few things i want to do with it, but it is almost complete.

the room has gone from linen white walls to bright white and one grey wall.

i wanted to decorate his room with something that wasn't typical for a boy's room. although, he would probably have loved a room all decked out in cars, trains, etc. i wanted something that was more unique for him.
the bed frame i bought online from Target. it was white and i painted it red.

i found fabric that had bicycles and wheels on it and created a chevron design for the quilt. my amazing mom made my vision come to life by making the quilt.


i gathered some posters, pictures and made the "ride" string art for a simple gallery wall. i used old hangers to hang the pictures from.


i collected a bunch of old bicycle wheels from my sister, and used them as wall art. my wonderful husband hung them for me. i'm always asking him for help with unusual tasks and he never complains or tries to talk me out of my crazy ideas...thank you!


the wheels will be used to hang pictures or other important things from.


linking up with...
tatertotsandjello
toomuchtime

17 comments:

  1. So cute! You put so much time, energy, love and detail into your decor. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the painted bed frame. Visiting from the linkup at Tatertots and Jello. www.thethreeofus.posterous.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this room! The bike theme is such a great idea, and I love all the cute details you came up with. I love everything about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! totally amazing! the wheels as decor are super genius, and i love that this is so good, but not so themey. ain't nothing wrong with themey, tho, if you love that, but this could just take him through so many years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet room! I love the wall, the bed, the quilt. It all works so nicely together. Lovely room! Visiting from Too Much Time on My Hands link party.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently put together a gallery wall and hung a few art pieces temporarily unframed - this is just what I needed! Thanks for the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the idea of using hangers for picture frames... so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, oh my how very very .. awesome. I pinned you to my DIY.

    ReplyDelete
  9. such an adorable boys room! i would love this for me- i love to ride! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the bike wheels on the wall. How did you hang them?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! I'm getting ready to do a bicycle room for 4-year old. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE this room! the wheels are my favorite element, but i love it all! i need to pull my bike out after a winter hiatus!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How did you adhere the wheels to the wall?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I'm wondering also, how did you mount the wheels to the wall?

    ReplyDelete
  15. ^^^ How are the wheels mounted to the wall? They look great! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hello! love the room! can you please tell me how you mounted the wheels to the wall? I want to do this to my little boy's nursery, but my husband is unsure how to hang the wheels without putting huge holes in the wall or ceiling. Any advise would be appreciated as we are having a hard time finding an answer to this question! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Also wondering how your husband hung the bike wheels on the wall?

    ReplyDelete